Message from the Organizer
In accordance with the rapid growth of incoming visitors to Japan, amounting to 28.7 million in 2017, the number of association meetings, corporate meetings and incentive tours is on the rise.
In addition, Japan is scheduled to host two major sporting events: The Rugby World Cup 2019 and The Tokyo Olympic & Paralympic Games in 2020. In the meetings and events sector there is a need for a one-stop platform where meetings and event organizers and suppliers can network and exchange practical information with ease.
Therefore, as chairman of the Japan Congress and Convention Bureau (JCCB), I am very pleased to announce that JCCB and JNTO will launch the International MICE Expo 2018 to be held at the Keio Plaza Hotel on Wednesday, February 28th.
This is the only professional MICE event in Japan that enables you to search for appropriate venue locations, to find detailed information on support programs and, most importantly, to network with key persons in each region and to conduct business sessions with prior appointment.
With confidence, I believe that you will become familiar with a variety of venues and support programs, and will meet with the right professionals for each city/region in IME2018. Together with all the exhibitors, I look forward to seeing you in IME2018.
Features of IME 2018
- IME is one of the largest business fairs in Japan dedicated to assisting those considering MICE venues and methods with a view to hosting international and domestic conferences, academic forums, events, and corporate meetings.
- IME gathers convention bureaus and MICE suppliers from throughout Japan to offer a one-stop MICE consultation service.
- Information on organizing conferences and events nationwide, including specific details of subsidies and other assistance available, can be found in one place.
- Exhibitors showcase unique venues and post-conference tours.
- The advance appointment system gives priority to buyers (opportunities for free discussion with vendors are also available).
- Networking hours enable participants to discuss business over snacks and drinks.
- The program includes keynote address and seminar for international conference organizers.
|Event Name||27th International MICE Expo (IME 2018)|
|Date & Time||Wed. February 28, 2018, 13:30-20:00|
|Venue||Concord Ballroom, Main Tower 5th floor, Keio Plaza Hotel (Shinjuku, Tokyo)
2-2-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
|Organizers||Japan Congress & Convention Bureau (JCCB) and
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
|JTB Communication Design, Inc.|
MICE meetings and networking
JNTO Best International Convention Awards ceremony
Seminar for international conference organizers